Post Conviction II
Monday, January 27, 2014
Syed files Applicaton for Leave to Appeal Welch's decision in the Court of Special Appeals (CoSA) MD. There is no guaranteed right to appeal from a PCR; you have to ask for permission first. Adnan requests review of two issues:
- whether Gutierrez was ineffective because she didn't contact/interview Asia
- whether Gutierrez was ineffective for failing to pursue a plea deal, and telling Adnan she had.
Monday, February 17, 2014
- Adnan Defense Team PI Andrew Davis passes away. He was never asked about Asia or anything about the defense's pre-trial investigation.
Sarah Koenig and Dana Chivas visit Krista. Krista lets them read Adnan's letters and see photos of Hae.
Sarah Koenig and Dana Chivas do the drive test that Adnan asked Sarah to do.
- Rabia asks to go along. Sarah says no.
Sarah shows Rabia the Enehey Report from the MPIA file. Rabia had never seen it.
- Sarah has redacted the name of the author of the report. She has promised the author she wouldn't reveal her name. Later, Rabia would post the report on her blog, and tell the world the name of the woman who wrote the report.
- Later, Rabia would say that Justin Brown had a copy of the police file. But if he did, he never showed it to Rabia.
- Rabia says in her book that this report explained why the detectives focused in on Adnan. She leaves out that the report was not written until Adnan had been in jail for six months.
- Rabia dates the report as August 24, 1999, without mentioning that by then, Adnan had been arrested, indicted, and awaiting trial for months.
Late February, 2014
Sarah has met with Deirdre Enright who has agreed to work on Adnan's case.
- Two UVA law school clinics begin work on Adnan's case.
- Rabia says that Sarah reached out to Dierdre on her own. But it's clear that Adnan told Sarah about the Justin Wolfe case and subsequently, Deirdre Enright.
- DNA issue important to law student, Mario
February 28, 2014
- Adnan has been in jail/prison for fifteen years.
Late February/March 2014
- Justin George of the Baltimore Sun begins helping Sarah Koenig, at Rabia's urging. Rabia wanted a local reporter on the story, too.
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Adnan's 33rd Birthday
May 31, 2014
June 4, 2014
Adnan has been at Cumberland / Supermax for five years.
July 25, 2014
Adnan completes Home Study Programs:
Adnan completes Home Study Programs:
Sarah Koenig and Julie Snyder fly across the country to walk across Jay's lawn, twice, unannounced.
Sarah and Julie surprise Jay, go inside his house, and question him about the Adnan.
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Court sets deadline of November 14, 2014 for State's response
October 1, 2014
- Sarah writes to Rabia that the story will be presented in podcast form, over 12 episodes.
Friday, October 3, 2014
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Rabia's first blog post on Serial; undermining Koenig's work.
- > A post-conviction appeal cannot be filed until 10 years have passed since the conviction.
Friday, October 14, 2014
- Serial Episode 3: "Leakin Park" Transcript
Wedneday, October 15, 2014
- Hae Min Lee 34th birthday
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Serial Episode 4: "Inconsistencies" Transcript
After revealing Jay's last name on Reddit, Rabia texts Sarah and says that Redditers "figured out" Jay's last name and posted his Facebook. Rabia assures Sarah that it was "bound to happen." And "redditors are crazy intense."
Friday, October 17, 2014
- Rabia's blog post #2 on Serial. Addresses "Inconsistencies"… Reshaping the narrative for her own ends.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Serial Episode 5: "Route Talk" Transcript
- Hae's classmate "Summer" listens, and reaches out to Sarah Koenig.
- In a later episode, "Summer" sounds an awful lot like "K." Summer has never been heard from again.
Friday, October 24, 2014
Rabia's blog post #3 on Serial. Addresses "Route Talk." Reshaping the narrative for her own ends.
Rabia writes that after her first few blog posts, she received an uncomfortable call from Koenig who rightly felt that Rabia was interfering with the storytelling. Rabia writes that she wasn't going to let this moment pass, but she agreed not to trump Sarah's show.
Monday, October 27, 2014
Rabia's blog post #4. She is offended at having been called "loosey-goosey"
Rabia appears on a "google chat" with Pete Rorabaugh.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
- Rabia's blog post #5 on Serial. Rabia announces that she will be appearing in a "google chat" every Monday with Pete Rorabaugh. and directs her readers to view the "chats."
Thursday, October 30, 2014
- Serial Episode 6: "The Case Against Adnan Syed" Transcript
Friday, October 31, 2014
- Rabia's sixth blog post on Serial. Addresses Serial's latest episode as "The worst of it."
Monday, November 3, 2014
- Google Chat #2 with Pete Rorabaugh
Thursday, November 6, 2014
- Serial Episode 7: "The Opposite of the Prosecution" Transcript
Friday, November 7, 2014
Rabia seventh blog post on Serial. Reframes "The Opposite of the Prosecution."
Asia's classmate sends her a message about Serial via Facebook messenger
Monday, November 10, 2014
- Google Chat #3 with Pete Rorabaugh
Thursday, November 13, 2014
- Serial Episode 8: "The Deal with Jay" Transcript
Friday, November 14, 2014
Rabia's eighth blog post about Serial. She writes about the West Memphis Three
State misses deadline to respond to Leave to Appeal
Monday, November 17, 2014
- Google Chat #4 with Pete Rorabaugh
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
- Rabia blogs about her first Facebook post on Adnan's case.
Thursday, November 20, 2014
Serial Episode 9: "To Be Suspected" Transcript
Friday, November 21, 2014
- Rabia blogs about "To Be Suspected." Uploads snippets of letters from Adnan.
Thursday, November 25, 2014
- Google Chat #5 with Pete Rorabaugh
Friday, November 26, 2014
- Rabia blogs re; Thanksgiving and letters of support she's received.
Saturday, November 27, 2014
- Rabia uploads Jay's first interview and Jen's interview. They are terrible copies she found in the defense file. Rabia still doesn't have the police investigation MPIA file, that Sarah Koenig has.
Monday, December 1, 2014
- Google Chat #6 with Pete Rorabaugh
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Serial Episode 10: "The Best Defense is a Good Defense" Transcript
Friday, December 5, 2014
- Rabia blogs about how Gutierrez swindled them; posts a video of Shamim.
Saturday, December 6, 2014
Monday, December 8, 2014
Rabia blogs about Serial Episode 10; how Muslim kids in the USA hide things like dating from their parents.
Google Chat #7 with Pete Rorabaugh
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
- Rabia posts interviews with Chris Flohr and Justin Brown
Thursday, December 11, 2014
- Serial Episode 11: "Rumors" Transcript
Friday, December 12, 2014
- Rabia blogs about how the "Rumors" episode is "Much Ado About Nothing." She has organized a video chat of Adnan's friends to rebut every single one of the rumors.
Monday, December 15, 2014
- Asia contacts Adnan's defense team, after listening to the podcast
Thursday, December 18, 2014
- Final Serial Episode (12): "What We Know" Transcript
Friday, December 19, 2014
Rabia launches the Adnan Syed Legal Trust on Launchgood.com: Dennis Robinson named Trustee
Rabia's responds to the final episode of Serial, in her blog and points to Don.
Undated between December 20, 2014 and January 2, 2015
Rabia asks Sarah Koenig when she can have back all her hard copies and tapes.
Sarah doesn't realize that Rabia will sell/use documents from Sarah's MPIA request and research to raise money for Adnan's defense fund, and start her own podcast.
Monday, December 22, 2014
Google Chat #8 with Pete Rorabaugh
Rabia tweets that she will be selling transcripts. For every $10,000 raised for Adnan, she will release more documents.
December 28, 2014
- Rabia posts transcripts in keeping with her "transcripts for donations" strategy.
Saturday, December 28, 2014
Sunday, December 29, 2014
- Susan Simpson posts the "previously unpublished" 2003 COSA Denial of Adnan's appeal, and says she filed to obtain this document, but it got water-stained in her mail box while she was out of town. But this looks "obtained" from Rabia's water damaged documents.
December 30, 2014
- After receiving more money for Adnan, Rabia posts more transcripts, per her commitment to sell them for donations.
Friday, January 3, 2015
- Sarah Koenig emails Rabia back about returning the documents and tapes. Sarah doesn't respond to Rabia asking for the MPIA documents. Sarah says they never identified Hae's pager.
Saturday, January 4, 2015
Monday, January 6, 2015
Rabia writes in her blog about Jay's lies.
- Rabia posts Sarah's January 3 email in her blog, saying Sarah tried to trick Adnan into thinking she had Hae's pager number when, she didn't.
Either this day or the next, Sarah calls Rabia, and is super angry:
- Sarah said she was mistaken, and that they did have Hae's number
- Sarah said Rabia's posting a private email made Serial look incompetent.
- According to Rabia's book, Sarah and Rabia engage in a a full on shouting match re: "The Best Defense is a Good Defense."
- Rabia is angry that Sarah only aired the part about Adnan being happy with Gutierrez, when he clearly isn't happy, and has a pending IAC claim against her.
- Rabia told Sarah that what she used in Serial could affect Adnan's case.
- Sarah replied that the IAC wasn't her problem, and [Serial] used what parts of the interviews they wanted due to "editorial discretion."
After receiving another $10,000 for Adnan's legal fund, Rabia posts two days of trial testimony.
Tuesday, January 7, 2015
Saturday, January 10, 2015
- Susan Simpson begins posting snippets of police files obtained via Sarah Koenig's MPIA request. She got them from Rabia who got them from Sarah.
Monday, January 12, 2015
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Asia signs 2nd affidavit re; 2000 affidavit & 2012 conversation with Urick
16th anniversary of Hae Min Lee's death
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Thursday, January 15, 2015
- State files response in Opposition to for Leave to Appeal – re failure to approach prosecutor for plea deal
Sunday, January 18, 2015
- Susan Simpson travels to Baltimore and gets a tour of the sites from Rabia and Saad. The three of them view "the wrong log."
Monday, January 19, 2015
- Rabia's final google chat with Pete Rorabaugh
Mid January, 2015 (Approximate)
- This is where Susan Simpson shares Sarah Koenig's MPIA. Rabia not invited.
- /r/TheBonnerParty attempt to investigate former and current Woodlawn residents
- another attempt to investigate
- another attempt to investigate
- Bonner mining Facebook data of WHS graduates
- /r/TheBonnerParty wiki identifying guilters
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
- According to Rabia, Asia insisted that Glenn Beck get first crack at publishing this news.
- Asia blames Urick for her failure to testify in the 2012 PCR hearing:
- Urick convinced me that I should not participate in proceedings. During that conversation, I determined that I wished to have no further involvement with the Syed defense team, at that time.
- But the phone call she’s referencing happened after she turned the defense team away, not before.
Adnan files Supplement to Application for Leave to Appeal the Denial of Post Conviction Relief. Includes request for remand on the Asia issue and 7 exhibits.
- Adnan claims that Urick discouraged Asia from testifying and that her testimony would have changed the outcome of the PCR.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
- State files Motion to strike Asia Supplement. Encourages court to deny Adnan's January 20 request for remand.
Rabia says Justin Brown received the MPIA in February of 2015, and gave it to Rabia who gave it to Susan and Colin. (Before Serial, Justin Brown did not have the MPIA documents easily obtained by SERIAL?)
- This one named /r/NarcoticsUnit. Rabia invited.
- /r/serialpodcast mod PowerofYes asks to join /r/NarcoticsUnit, is admitted, and gives advice on how to run a private innocenter subreddit.
- Rabia still unaware of BonnerParty, and considers /r/NarcoticsUnit the Innocenter sub.
- One innocenter solicits another innocenter's help with a plan to deceive guilters. This plan is considered "one way to contribute" to Adnan's cause.
- Comments in vent threads in /r/NarcoticsUnit regularly link to guilter comments, driving innocenters to certain targets to harass them.
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Adnan files Request for Permission to File a Supplement
Wednesday, February 4, 2015
Krista deletes her reddit account, claiming guilters drove her away.
Friday, February 6, 2015
- CoSA MD grants Adnan's application for leave to appeal. Sets briefing schedule and date for argument. COSA defers the Asia alibi issue to a panel of judges.
Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Thursday, February 12, 2015
- Panelists include Douglas Colbert, Chris Flohr, Justin Brown, Rabia Chaudry, Susan Simpson, and Saad Chaudry
- In this youtube video, at 44:20, Susan lies and says:
- The Enehey Report was written before the bail hearings, when she knows it was written months later.
- The post-it, contained damaging "fluff" to use at the bail hearing. Except the post-it is just directions to Enehey written a week after the body was found, and three weeks before Adnan was arrested.
- Susan tells the audience how the Enehey Report influenced the bail hearing, when she knows the Enehey Report was written six months after the bail hearing.
February 21, 2015
February 25, 2015
February 28, 2015
- Adnan has been in jail/prison for sixteen years
Friday, March 14, 2015
Thursday, March 19, 2015
Susan Simpson finds Don's 17 year old performance reviews in the defense file, and posts them online.
Monday, March 23, 2015
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Sunday, March 28, 2015
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Rabia announces that funds raised for Adnan's legal trust will pay for a podcast she is doing with Susan Simpson and Colin Miller — They'll be using Sarah Koenig’s MPIA as their source material.
Approximate: /r/NarcoticsUnit is shut down.
- Unsubstantiated rumor has it the mod didn't appreciate Susan Simpson and the Bonner Mods control of Narcotics Unit and/or angry she was not asked to be on Undislcosed.
- Unable to access their threads and comments, former /r/NarcoticsUnit members are angered. /r/TheMagnetProgram is created in the void of /r/NarcoticsUnit.
- /r/TheBonnerParty mods attempt to get /r/NarcoticsUnit from its creator, but are unsuccessful.
- Vent threads in /r/TheMagnetProgram regularly link to guilter comments, directing innocenters back to DS and resulting in "pile-ons" of certain comments.
Sunday, April 5, 2015
- Susan Simpson announces she believes Jay had nothing to do with the murder.
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
- After Innocenters claim that /u/stop_saying_rights is lying about being able to obtain court documents, he posts the receipt and kicks off a frenzy of innocenters attempting to dox him.
Monday, April 13, 2015
The first episode of Undisclosed, the podcast that specializes in hiding and snippeting MPIA documents to support their theories. It seems they are still using Koenig's MPIA, and have yet to receive one from Justin Brown.
Rabia confirms that the #freeadnan movement is a public relations campaign.
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Friday, April 17, 2015
Having filed for and paid for PCR testimony, and closing arguments, redditor /u/stop_saying_right begins uploading and sharing files for everyone.
Saturday, April 18, 2015
April 24, 2015
Monday, April 27, 2015
- Rabia accuses /u/stop_saying_right of working for the State of MD. She links to his /u/ on her blog so the internet can harass him.
- Rabia declares /r/TheMagnetProgram the "The Sunshine Sub"
- A group of users in /r/TheMagnetProgram works to dox SSR by scrubbing transcript pages for metadata.
- A mod of /r/serialpodcast participates in attempts to uncover SSR's identity.
Thursday, Apr 30, 2015
- Deadline for State of MD to respond to Adnan's appeal re; denial of PCR. The state misses this deadline
Monday, May 4, 2015
- State misses deadline to respond to PCR for the second time
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
May 14, 2015
Monday, May 18, 2015
- CoSA has reviewed Adnan's March 23 brief, and the State's May 6 brief.
- Instead of deferring the Asia issue to a panel, Adnan's request to re-open the PCR is granted. Asia can testify and Asia's 2015 affidavit can become part of the record.
- June 9 oral arguments waived.
- Adnan has 45 days to file his motion to re-open the PCR.
Thursday, May 21, 2015
- Adnan's 34th Birthday
Saturday, June 6, 2015
Adnan has been at Cumberland / Supermax for six years.
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
The lawyers were meant to argue before a panel of 3 judges with respects to the October 2012 PCR hearing.
- Postponed indefinitely, as of May 18.
June 11, 2015
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
- Exhibit 1: Asia’s First Letter to Adnan
- Exhibit 2: Asia’s Second Letter to Adnan
- Exhibit 3: July 13 Attorney notes
- Exhibit 4: CG Notes
- Exhibit 5: Asia’s 3-25-2000 Affidavit (check cashing place)
- Exhibit 6: Rahman’s letter to CG
- Exhibit 7: Asia’s 1/13/2015 Affidavit
- Exhibit 8: May 2015 Court Order granting Adnan permission to file a motion to re-open the PCR
- Exhibit 9: Intercept Interview
- Exhibit 10: Daily Record Interview
Guilters on reddit file for, and pay for, a complete version of the MPIA that Susan and Rabia will not share, costing anonymous guilters thousands. (This is the same MPIA you'll find on UndisclosedWiki. That site has to host the guilter MPIA because Susan and Rabia will not give them Koenig's or Justin Brown's)
/r/TheMagnetProgram subscribers begin suspecting one another of being FBI agents.
Thursday, August 6, 2015
- Judge Martin P. Welch is assigned to decide if the PCR should be reopened. Welch is retired, but assigning the previous judge is standard.
Wednesday, August 12, 2015
Monday, August 24, 2015
Wednesday, September 2, 2015
September 5, 2015
Monday, September 7, 2015
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
- State's original deadline for filing a response to the motion to re-open.
Guilters receive MPIA file; begin hosting/sharing.
- Rabia loses control of the documents and according to members of the /r/TheMagnetProgram, has a meltdown.
Sunday, September 20, 2015
- Justin Brown updates law license
Wednesday, September 23, 2015
- State's new deadline for filing a response to the motion to re-open.
Thursday, September 24, 2015
State of MD files response to Adnan's motion to re-open the PCR.
Rabia tweets: that the state is withholding documents
Rabia tweets: that the state is wasting taxpayer dollars.
Friday, September 25, 2015
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Justin Brown files Response to the State's Response to Adnan's Motion to re-open the PCR:
- Exhibit 1: Kanwisher Affidavit: Gutierrez's failure to investigate Asia was not "strategic."
- Exhibit 2: Krista Affidavit: The Public Library is considered "on campus."
- Exhibit 3: AT&T Fax Cover Sheet
- Exhibit 4: aka Trial Exhibit 31: AT&T Certification of Cell Phone records for January 12 and 13, 1999
- Exhibit 5: 24 Pages of Adnan's Cell Phone records
- Exhibit 6: Waranowitz doesn't know why the incoming call disclaimer is on the fax cover sheet, or how that would have impacted his testimony, had he known.
- Exhibit 7: Gerald Grant Affidavit. Note: Gerald Grant web site.
Thursday, October 15, 2015
- Hae's 35th birthday
Sunday, October 18, 2015
October 29/30, 2015
Friday, November 6, 2015
- (1) Asia’s January 13, 2015 affidavit, potential live testimony re; Gutierrez’s failure to contact Asia.
- (2) Prosecutorial misconduct during the trial and post-condviction proceedings
- (3) Gutierrez’s failure to cross examine Waranowitz on the reliability of data that located the cell phone. (This is the issue that caused Welch to grant Adnan a new trial. He rejected the other two.)
Friday, November 20, 2015
- Justin Brown and the State's Attorney's deadline to schedule a hearing
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
Rabia and her fans are the only people who care that Thiru invited a woman to his hotel room, at the end of October.
- Rabia implies a link to ASLT funding for the hidden camera video, via its Trustee.
Wednesday, December 2, 2015
- Judge Welch status conference with attorneys.
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
- Defense deadline to provide names of expert witnesses and areas of expertise.
Monday, December 28, 2015
- Hearing dates changed to February 4 and February 5.
Monday, January 4, 2016
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
Defense’s deadline to provide names of fact witnesses and related statements
State’s deadline to provide names of expert witnesses and areas of expertise
State's deadline to provide names of fact witnesses and related statements
Thursday, January 7, 2016
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Thursday, January 14, 2016
Friday, January 15, 2016
Thursday, January 28, 2016
Sunday, January 31, 2016
- 1999 Woodlawn Public Library Security Guard sign affidavit saying there were no video cameras at the library in 1999.
Tuesday, February 2, 2016